Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Happy New Year to all my elected official FB friends. And best of Luck in the next General Assembly in Ohio. Looking forward to working with you for prostate cancer awareness. One day I hope that there is a cure found. This will be my 8th year of being a caregiver of a Survivor. Our Journey has not been easy as we deal with the side effects from the surgery, we knew the risks. But it was much better than DEATH! Since our Journey began we have met many men battling the disease sadly some of them have lost their battle. Some a short time after their diagnosis. My heart breaks every time I learn of their passing.

Each year along with others from the prostate cancer community attends the ZERO Summit in Washington, DC. We share our Journeys on Capitol Hill encouraging them to keep the funding for prostate cancer for research and finding a cure in the FY budget.

Soon I will be sending out my request for a Proclamation or Resolution for September, also ask that you light a Landmark Blue or tie Blue ribbons in your town to show your support for the Prostate Cancer community. I know with your help we can help let the prostate cancer community know that others care and they are not ALONE! I also ask for copies of the Proclamations and Resolutions as I share them at different events and on Capitol Hill to show the support from Ohio.

Thank you for your support from the prostate cancer community!

No comments: