Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Sharing

Have you shared your story with your Senators and Congress Members about Prostate Cancer. Sharing your story will let them know that the funding and education for this disease is necessary.  We have to fight for it. Here in Ohio my name has made its rounds as I share my story daily. I truly feel I have made a small impact here. I have elected officials who ask what can I do to help.  Opens the door to their support. I contact every Elected Official even out of my district, you never know how this has impacted their lives.

People ask me who pays for traveling through out Ohio talking with people. We do it on our own as this is very important to me as a wife/caregiver, mom of 4 sons and grandma of two toddler grandsons. One is bi racial with prostate cancer on both sides. This scares the crap out of me as it can happen in children as well. Males are born with a prostate and like any other organ in the body it can go bad at anytime!

My sons are younger in this picture the two in the front are dads of the two babies. One of the hardest things I have had to deal with in 35 years of marriage is hearing my husband has prostate cancer. And even worse would be hearing it from my sons that they have it or their sons have it. I will continue to fight for a cure and education at ANY AGE!!!!

No comments: