Wednesday, June 9, 2021

People ask me why do I request Proclamarions and Resolutions from the elected officials in Ohio. They don’t bring in money. That is correct! But the most important thing they do is raise awareness to prostate cancer awareness. For me it is about starting with education! They have taken it upon themselves to also post the Proclamarions on their social media accounts without me asking! Many times we will start talking about prostate cancer and the men will chime in. I’m good, I had my check up 5 years ago. The doctor said no polyops. Or I don’t want to have that ran up my (you know) anytime soon. Our answer… we are not talking about colon cancer. Red flag that some men are missing the education of where and what the prostate does. There are men who have contacted me after council meetings and said until I met you. I never had a PSA test but I am now! Even elected officials at council meetings have shared their stories with the residents of the cities. Be it for the first time or many times in the past. They are talking! Getting men talking ends up with future funding! If we stay quite our elected officials on Capitol Hill will not increase funding. They maybe see it as no need for it. But there is a need!

No comments: