Monday, November 26, 2018

7 reasons to why I fight

These are 7 reasons to why I fight for prostate cancer awareness! June 19, 2009 my life changed as a wife to a wife.caregiver of a prostate cancer patient. This is the day my husband was diagnosed with an aggressive form of the disease. He chose to have a prostatectomy and on October 12, 2009 he became a Survivor of prostate cancer! Sadly the cancer had escaped the prostate and into the lymph nodes. He continued hormone treatment for 6 years and currently is in Remission! I will not say that this has been an easy road for us as there has been other issues from the disease. but it is like I tell everyone. Better he is 6 feet above ground than 6 feet below ground. 

As a mom of 4 sons and grandmother of 2 grandsons I never want them to have to hear those devastating words in their lives. 
You have prostate cancer!
It was hard enough hearing them as a wife, but to hear them from my sons or grandsons would be even worse. Especially when a cure for prostate cancer can be found. 

No comments: