Monday, November 26, 2018

Franklin County Community Star


Today I received the Franklin County Community Star for my work with raising awareness for Prostate Cancer. It is an Honor! 
What I do is not only for the men in my family, it is also for those men who have been impacted by prostate cancer and who are not ready to speak up and share their story. I have been sharing mine since Ray was diagnosed June 2009. Sharing my Journey lets the men and families know that they are not alone in their Journey. There has been men who have told me they have never shared their story but now they are ready to share. It is a feel good moment knowing that they are ready to do so. 
One Survivor told us that he never talked about his diagnosis out side of this family until he met us. He is now a 19 year Survivor and is sharing his story. 

Thank you Sheriff Dallas Baldwin for this Honor! 




No comments: