Friday, October 27, 2017

Why a walnut?


There is a significance to why. The walnut is the size of a normal prostate. In 2009 my husband was diagnosed with an aggressive for of the disease. We attend a support group and one meeting the group leader sent around a plain walnut. I sat there looking at the walnut and as you can see I got creative the very next day with some of my own! At first they did not look like the Generation now. Petey has been many changes in the past 8 years. When I started it was just the Petey and then it grew to making scenes with him. Many times I can find what I need at the stores but if I can't design mode again.

When my husband was first diagnosed I could have sat back and done nothing and feel sorry for myself as my life has changed as well. But as you can see I chose to use my creativity for good.

Though Petey will not be big and famous in every ones eyes those who are battling the disease or lost their battle his is big and famous in their hearts!

No comments: