Sunday, May 13, 2018

I took a SPILL on Capitol Hill 2012


I look so horrible in this picture! There was a reason...It was taken Setember 13, 2012 many firsts occured that day.
First ZERO The End of Prostate Cancer Summit!

First time on Capitol Hill!
First time Taking a SPILL on Capitol Hill and breaking my leg!
First time ever with as broken bone!
First time ever meeting with Ohio Representatives and talking about prostate cancer!

I broke my leg around 8:15am ish our 1st meeting was with Senator Sherrod Brown at 8:30am at his Morning Coffee. The Capitol Police wanted to call for the Medics to go the hospital. Me: No, we have meetings and I am going. I will go after the meeting. So they got me a wheelchair and off we went. We made it to the Morning Coffee a little late but made it. Sharing my story about prostate cancer and the impact it makes on the wives, caregivers, women is so important. The importance for Research and funding for finging a cure for prostate cancer.

Finished with that meeting. But I did not go the hospital yet. Still had 3 more meetings that day. Our last meeting was around 4:30pm, maybe later. Left Capitol Hill, checked out of the hotel and left for Ohio. Got back around 3am ish, slept for a short time. Pain was getting more. Got to the ER and the doctor asks Howe it happened. I took A SPILL on Capitol Hill. He busts out laughing and apologizes after. Just how you say it!

Every year since we return to Washington, DC and share our story with Senators and Congressional members. And ask that research and funding is not cut from the FY Budget. We need better testing and treatment options.

The ZERO Summit has been set for Febrruary 2019 and God willing we will be there!

No comments: