Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Education is Key!

Education regarding prostate cancer and early detection strategies is critical to saving lives, preserving, and protecting our families. The economical and social hardship it has on the families is huge.

This is among one of the reasons I contunually ask our elected officials in Ohio and now other states for their support in helping to spread the word in their Districts, and Communities. Many men who receive those horrible words. You have Prostate Cancer. Will mostly likely not share with others and suffer in silence. I am so thankful that Ray Hoetger has been open with his diagnosis in 2009. They now are at an increased risk of depression. We need to let them know it's okay to share and that we are going to take them under our wings and support them on their journey!

Our journey has not been easy, we have had major life changes! Prostate cancer is a couples disease, and it has made a huge impact on my life as well. When he was diagnosed I knew nothing about prostate cancer. One thing for sure I ws not going to sit back and do nothing. I felt so alone as no one seemed to talk about it. I took to the internet and was finding information on prostate cancer. I started a FB page for others to find the information in one place. Then I was meeting some courages ladies who found my page , they helped me know I was not alone. Beth Nitz Smith Vinson, Karen Allison, Tiffany Myers, and many more who are family now! God had a plan for us to meet. We laughed and cried with prostate cancer.

Now the FB page has turned into a private FB group 6 years later. It has grown to close to 3,000 members now. Some of the ladies has asked. Since I lost my guy, do I have to leave the group? Definatly not, Unless you want too. You still have so much to offer. We share the Good, the Bad an the Ugly of prrostate cancer!

No comments: