Thursday, February 20, 2020

Reflection

I have been on this journey as a wife and caregiver going on ten years. I will not say it has been easy and so many things have changed. I am doing my best to cope. With my husband having prostate cancer our sons have an increased risk of developing the disease. Also, I am the grandmother of a bi-racial grandson with prostate cancer on both sides of the family. He is very young but prostate cancer does not discriminate in age. Sadly we knew a nine-year-old who battled this horrible disease twice. So as a grandmother I will keep fighting for early detection! If you are already seeing the doctor and he is requesting a blood draw. Have him or her check one more box a PSA. If they do not do one request one. If they say insurance will not pay for it and you will have to pay out of pocket. There are some labs that will offer free or low-cost PSA tests. You can find these by doing a search on the internet.






No comments: