Each September, the nation recognizes prostate cancer awareness month to help defeat the third leading cause of cancer deaths among men. An estimated 27,000 husbands, sons, brothers, fathers, and grandfathers will lose their lives to prostate cancer in 2017.

An Ohio resident has been hard at work to ensure that these proclamations are renewed annually. Linda Hoetger has spoken with local leaders to remind communities of the pain and suffering of prostate cancer. As a result, more than 400 Mayors, Legislators, City Council Members, and Town/Village managers and County Commissioners will issue a proclamation or resolution declaring September prostate cancer awareness month.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mayor's Proclamation

I started this Mission to have all the City Mayor's or Village Manager's in Ohio to have a Proclamation for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in September. I send out an email with a personal letter that I had written up on why I am wanting to get every City on board. So far there have been 5 Cities who have written one. I requested this map from Ohio and what I want to do is put a pin or some other way of marking all the Cities who are participating. I have a couple of Cities who said to contact them in 2015 and they will consider it.
Ohio Mayor's Proclamations (Link)

No comments: