Monday, September 26, 2016

Senator Sherrod Brown

Mr. And Mrs. Hoeter:

Thank you for sharing your and your husband’s journey with prostate cancer. As a spouse, I understand why this issue is important to you, and I am encouraged by your passion and commitment. Letters and calls from individuals like you continue to inspire my work.

I have shared your story with the legislative staff in my office who monitor health issues. If my office can provide any assistance, please call 1-888-896-6446.

At the federal level, I will continue to support policies that promote research and innovation into treatments and ultimately, cures, for diseases like prostate cancer. Cancer takes a tremendous toll on the nation, and finding cures for its many virulent forms should be a top priority for policymakers. Research by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) has been crucial in developing better treatments, lowering the chance of death from the disease, and improving the quality of life for cancer patients. A renewed commitment to NIH and NCI research will help scientists explore new ways to prevent, detect, diagnose, and treat cancer. This is why I remain supportive of robust and reliable funding for NIH.

Between your husband’s service to our country and your service to raising awareness for prostate cancer, your family has displayed a true commitment to protecting and caring for Ohioans. I am grateful for your contributions. Thank you again for getting in touch with me.
                                                       Sincerely,                                                          Sherrod Brown
                                                            United States Senator

No comments: