Saturday, August 22, 2020

Thank you!!

 I can never express my gratitude enough to the elected officials throughout Ohio, New York, Georgia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Tennessee for your support with Prostate Cancer Awareness and Education Month in September. and why 

June 19, 2009, while sitting in the urologist office. You have an aggressive form of prostate cancer. Feeling like I hit a brick wall at full force the tears started to flow uncontrollably. This was not how our lives were supposed to be. I had so many questions. One which weighed heavily on my mind. Did do something to cause it? The doctor reassured me that I did not cause it. As you see I am the mother of four sons. With Ray having prostate cancer our sons have an increased risk of developing the disease. As a wife, it was hard hearing those words uttered to us. But if I had to hear those words from any of my sons that would be hard as well.

The two little ones in the picture are our grandsons. As you can see one is bi-racial and has prostate cancer on both sides of the family. So his risk of developing prostate cancer is even higher. 

Why I fight!

No comments: