Monday, January 11, 2021

Bureau Of Motor Vehicles process

 During this time waiting for our Bill to makes its way through the Legislation. process. I began working on the form needed by the Breau Of Motor Vehicles. Just go to your BMV website and search Organizational license plates and see what the process is for your state. I recommend printing all the needed forms on the website. One thing I did was to get a notebook and page protectors for when there was something I want to print out. This was great to take with me to meetings, reference,  or when someone asked me about the Bill. Most of this can be found online through the Legislation website. 

Ohio requires 150 signatures of support before the BMV will start production of the license plates. The necessary form needed asks for your name, address, phone number, plate number, and driver's license number, and signature. It can be found on the website as well. They suggest getting more than the 150 signatures just in case a signature is considered invalid for some reason or another. The form online has space for seven signatures, but some people are hesitant to sign the form as others can see your information. I took the form and folded it down for one signature printed it out and have people sign that one if they are hesitant. With the form, I post it to social media platforms for getting signatures and tell them they can send it back by email or in the mail. We attended a Cocktails for a Cause last month and took the forms with us for people to sign. I printed off the multiple forms and also the single form with my contact information on both. You can upload the form to a PDF filler site and add your information. This is what our license plates look like when they are put into production. Once we get the needed signatures and the names have been verified through the BMV they will be available for a car near you. This process may take time. The person I'm working with at the BMV said it could take months and even may take years. I am doing my best to get it done in months and not years. My car needs a new tag! 

Usually, events are great places to get signatures. I take a clipboard, and pen with me and ask for signatures of support. Use social media when you can. Ask your family and friends to share with their network. The more people you have helping the sooner you will get the needed signatures.  



Cut in half and make two forms





No comments: