Tuesday, October 26, 2021

ZERO and Us Too Merge as one

 


When Ray was first diagnosed with prostate cancer June 19, 2009, I needed to find a support group as I was clueless to what prostate cancer was. I started calling groups I found in Columbus. I would call them only to hear. No women allowed sorry! Well prostate cancer is a couples disease. Then on August 9, 2009 I found Us Too. I called and talked with Terri! I told her my needs and she told me about the Lancaster Us Too support group that was meeting the next day. Ray and I went and was accepted with open arms. I was not alone any longer. I’m in the works of starting a support group on the south side of Columbus. More details to come. If you would like to be put on my mailing list. Send me an email Linda@zerocancer.org

Then in February 2012, I was contacted by David from ZERO The End Of Prostate Cancer. He found me by all the things I had been doing with prostate cancer. And continue to do work raising awareness in Ohio and on Capitol Hill. 

The combined organization now operates under ZERO’s name, 501(c)3 designation, brand, logo, and website. The Us TOO name will officially live on as the Us TOO Support Groups, which includes more than 200 support groups across North America.


PRESS RELEASE: 

Washington, D.C., October 25, 2021 – The prostate cancer community has a new patient-centric powerhouse in its corner with the officially completed merger of ZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer and Us TOO International. This newly unified organization creates a comprehensive support system for prostate cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers. It also increases prostate cancer awareness and advances research and access to care through a united advocacy platform.

Due to COVID-19, prostate cancer patients have experienced heartbreaking interruptions in treatments and delays in annual screenings, and they face numerous other obstacles as the pandemic continues. More than 250,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year alone.

READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE HERE:

Zero and Us Too merge

No comments: