Monday, September 4, 2017

September 1, 2017

Heartbroken....missing Capitol Hill Petey!

In 2009 I created Petey the Prostate Crusader out of a walnut! Why a walnut? It is the size of a prostate. Later I started to added hats, glasses and other little things.

For years I HAD Capitol Hill Petey. I carried him with me everywhere. Even to Capitol Hill to meet with Senators and Congress members. I would have him present during picture taking. Your political views aside I even had him at the 2017 Inaugration! Petey is in the picture with us!

On September 1, 2017 while attending a Prostate Cancer Kick off event a Veteran took Petey. He did not ask just took him! If people ask about certain outfits on Petey I will be happy to make one for them. But PLEASE don't take ones that hold SPECIAL meanings to me! I know I will never see that Petey again. If tne guy only understood how heartbreaking this is losing that Petey I wish he would return him!

I can make a new Capitol Hill Petey and start making new memories, but it will not be the same. I know that there is readons to why we lose something or it happens for a reason. Dealing with this loss is hard. If yoou see the missing Capitol Hill Petey bring him home to mom!

No comments: