Wednesday, September 13, 2017

SPILL on Capitol Hill 2012

 My first trip to Washington, DC is one I will never forget!

September 13, 2012 we had meeting with the Senators from Ohio and our first meeting was at 8:30 am with Senator Brown but at around 8:15 am I took a SPILL on Capitol Hill and felt a pop in my leg. I figured it was broken but it did not stop me to get to the meetings with the Senators. The Capitol Hill Officers wanted to know if I wanted to go to the ER but I said no! I am going to these meetings some way! So they call for a wheelchair. I told them that I will go after the meetings..maybe. We got to Senator Brown's Constituants Coffee a little after it started but I made it.

We attended the first meeting and then Ray took me to The Capitol Hill First Aid, the nurse wrapped up my leg and also suggested the ER. Again we still have two meetings with Senators in the afternoon and I am going to them no matter what. We seen Champions from the Summit on the Hill and asked what happened? I explained and some said that is dedication.

After the meetings I wanted to do some sightseeing in Washington since I had never been there before. But with my leg there was no walking and the pain was starting to set in more. So we started back home to Columbus, Ohio!

We drove through the night and made it back to Columbus around 2:00 am slept until around noon and then went to the ER. The Doctor asked how it happened. I took a SPILL on Capitol Hill. They laughed and apoligized and said  it is funny how you say it! After about an hour in the ER and X-rays it was confirmed my leg is broken! They called me a dedicated trooper for still continuing on to the meetings with a broken leg. But it is like I told them Prostate Cancer Awareness is very important to me as my husband has it!

No comments: