Monday, February 9, 2015

Petey goes to Washington, DC

Next month Petey will be in Washington, DC and will be on Capitol Hill on the 18th of March raising awareness for Prostate Cancer.

Last year Governor Kasich signed the first Resolution for Ohio that September is Prostate Cancer Awareness month. It pays to be persistent! After I got the Resolution written I did not stop there. It was time to get the Mayor's of Ohio involved as well. So I started writing to the Mayor's as well to see about a Proclamation for the cities in September also.

Currently 59 cities have committed to either writing one now or have one prepared by September. I am so Thankful to the Mayor's for helping raise awareness in Ohio and also sharing their stories with me. It is my hope that one day all the cities in Ohio will have a Proclamation in Place for Prostate Cancer Awareness month.

THANK YOU! The map has all the cities list who are participating so far.

No comments: