Each September, the nation recognizes prostate cancer awareness month to help defeat the third leading cause of cancer deaths among men. An estimated 27,000 husbands, sons, brothers, fathers, and grandfathers will lose their lives to prostate cancer in 2017.

An Ohio resident has been hard at work to ensure that these proclamations are renewed annually. Linda Hoetger has spoken with local leaders to remind communities of the pain and suffering of prostate cancer. As a result, more than 400 Mayors, Legislators, City Council Members, and Town/Village managers and County Commissioners will issue a proclamation or resolution declaring September prostate cancer awareness month.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Proclamation for every city in Ohio

I need your help getting Ohio to be the first state to have a Proclamation in every city. I am trying to contact every Mayor in Ohio many I have tried with Email, E-Gov or by Facebook. I have a list that I keep with the date of contact but so far many of them have not responded.
I was thinking of adding all the cities that I have contacted on my blog and have them listed as awaiting response.Hoping that this might generate support.
Also there is a contact form on there that they can send me an email to add their city. ‪#‎Ohio‬ ‪#‎Mayors‬ ‪#‎Proclamations‬ ‪#‎Prostate‬ ‪#‎ProstateCancer‬

No comments: