Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Facebook group

When we first started our Journey with Prostate Cancer I felt so alone like so many others. I can honestly say that I did not know anything about this horrible disease as no one will talk about it. In the beginning my sons did not want to hear what was going on as I would post things on my personal Facebook page sharing information of what we were going through at that time. A few times I was asked to stop posting. I said No this is our life now if you do not want to see what is happening. Please feel free to unfriend me. I am happy to say that I am still friends with them. 

5 years ago I started this group while researching information for our needs and what to do. At first it was a public group as I was sharing the information that I was finding. I would have requests to join there was about 10 families at first. Sadly many of the Husbands and Fathers have lost their battle from prostate cancer. The women who loved them thought that they would be asked to leave the group. Only if you want to as you still have so much help to give.

Now the group has grown to over 2300 members and for privacy the group is closed. This just means that they families are willing to share personal stuff in the group and not to the public. What is the best part of the group is that everyone helps Encourage, Support and if needed Rant. We share the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Prostate Cancer.

No comments: