Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thankful

I never would have thought that what I have been doing with Prostate Cancer would make an impact on others. I am Thankful for all of my contacts on Capitol Hill and at the Ohio Statehouse for your support in raising awareness for prostate cancer. And the countless Mayors and Council Members who I am friends with on FB and have also supported me in your communities. You can not imagine how much it means to me and the prostate cancer Survivors throughout the Country.
The opportunity doing interviews for publications and videos with ZERO The End Of Prostate Cancer about our Journey. And to be Honored with the Edward C. Kaps Hope Award in 2012 from Us TOO International. When I do things I am not doing it for just me I am always thinking of those who are still battling on their Journey. It is for those who has lost their battle and still have a story to tell.
After Ray was diagnosed I took the Urologist advice. Become students and learn everything you can about prostate cancer. That is what I have been doing since 2009. I had so much information swirling in my head and wanted to share it with others. So I started a FB Group 5 years ago. I met so many wonderful Wives and Survivors. Sadly many of them have lost their battle :{ some in just a short time of meeting ion FB.They maybe be gone from this Earth but not forgotten! It is like I tell the Survivors and Wives that I meet put a face to your Journey! Write to your Elected Officials or Call them. If they are on Twitter send them a Tweet. I have many times and have gotten responses back. Some of you might know that for the past two years I have been contacting the Mayors and Council Members for a Proclamation or Resolution for their support for National Prostate Cancer Awareness month. And the support that I have gotten so far has been overwhelming. Personal letters and emails back from Mayors and Council Members has brought tears to my eyes as they have shared their Journey with me as well. It is my goal to have every City, Village and Township in Ohio support National Prostate Cancer Awareness month.
Another one of the greatest moments in my life is to have my name mentioned on the Capitol Hill Floor by Congresswoman Beatty. She share my commitment of raising awareness to Congress on our 32nd Wedding Anniversary. Ok I will admit it I cried when I seen the speech the link that they shared. She also mentioned us in her Town Hall meeting on May 3, 2016. Yes more tears as we were in the audience this time. After the meeting there were people and Survivors coming up to us and saying Thank you!
Now the Vice President is in charge of the Moon Shot to Cancer and you guessed it I will be sharing everything with him as well. I did not chose to join this Club that no man or family wants to join but I will make the best of the situation that God has given me in this life time.
WOW sorry this turned out to be a book!

No comments: