Saturday, March 14, 2020

Why I fight

Why do I use this?

The picture of the left is of my husband and four sons. Ray's daughter got all the kids together on August 30, 2009, which was Ray's birthday. Hard to believe that on June 19, 2009, he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. He looks healthy right? Looks can be deceiving
My three of my sons were in their mid-twenties and my youngest was in his late teens. Knowing that them having a prostate and it can turn cancerous at any time scares me. As a wife, it was hard to hear my husband had prostate cancer. But hearing that my sons were diagnosed with it would be even harder.

The two little cuties on the right are my grandsons! The little guy on the far right is bi-racial with prostate cancer on both sides of the family. As a grandmother, I worry about the effect this horrible disease will have on them. You might think that I am worrying about nothing because they are so young. Again prostate can strike at any age! It's not an old man's disease. 

Just look at my husband he is not an old man!

No comments: